Recent grants to organisations
- High Street & Queen Street Methodist Churches, Lurgan, N.I. Request by their joint youth project, RevYouth, to subsidise 10 days in Oradca, Romania for a team of 15 young people with their youth leader, to run a children’s holiday Bible Club and be a useful working party doing practical maintenance tasks in the village. Total budget £6,750; £4,750 secured or promised. Grant: £1,500.
- West Devon Methodist Circuit . Towards the running costs of an existing youth community project in 6 villages, and set up a new circuit youth group. Total Budget (for next 3 years): £67,306; £49,500 secured or promised. Grant: £2,000 x 3 years.
- Leek & District Churches Youth Work Project (ecumenical). Requesting help to continue a successful long-running project. Two youth workers working in Leek and surrounding villages and their churches. Total Budget (for next 3 years): £76,260; £28,460 secured or promised. Grant: £1,500 x 2 years. (They previously had two single year grants and one 3-year grant.)
- The Hub – Methodist & Anglican Chaplaincies’ joint project, Queens University Belfast: The established chaplaincies which already work closely together are experimenting with 3 chaplaincy internships based at The Hub for gap year graduates focussing on worship development, outreach and hospitality. This one year project, if successful, will be repeated and extended. Budget: £24,000 (residence provided); £15,000 secured or promised. Grant: £1,000.
- The Beacon Methodist Church, Sheffield: A newly amalgamated church, retaining worship and work at 3 existing premises wishes to employ a half-time Youth Development Worker. Total Budget (for next 3 years): £42,552; £18,000 secured or promised. Grant: £1,500 x 3 years.
- MANNA – Darlington & Stokesley Circuits’ Youth Group: Requesting assistance towards a group of 10 young people visiting Uganda to help in welfare work and a school building project. (Group members paying £300 each) Total budget £19,063.78; £12,115 secured or promised. Grant: £2,500.
- Joanmount Methodist Youth Fellowship, Belfast: Wishing to develop their work and the faith journeys of its members, they have planned two residentials in England for 20 young people. Total budget £6,500; £3,936 secured or promised. (Group members paying £185 each). Grant: £2,000.
- Share Jesus International (ecumenical): Requesting assistance towards a Leadership Training Course for one hundred 15 to 21 year olds: investment in the future. Budget: £43,000; £24,000 secured. Grant: £2,300
MYA Ltd Registered Charity 1028540 Company No 1580871